Subaru’s All-Season Engine combines the benefits of chain-driven overhead cam (OHC) technology from its EX Series engines with special cold-weather features of the SX Snow Series line to create a multi-seasonal solution for a variety of outdoor equipment.
- 9 hp unit
- Temperatures range of -20 to 140 F
- Special heat dissipation fins built into the mounting base, cylinder and inner and outer crankcase surfaces
- Anti-icing baffle redirects heat from the cylinder head back to the carburetor for warmth; also into the air cleaner system, eliminating potential ice build-up and airflow restriction in the venturi area
- One-pull starting
- Reportedly 2dBA quieter than same-class engines
- Anti-icing guards prevent snow and ice from freezing around engine