Navistar Inc. gives Class 8 truckers four new performance ratings with its MaxxForce big bore diesel engines and a new MaxxForce Engine Brake by Jacobs, optional for all MaxxForce 11 and MaxxForce 13 models.
- New ratings include two 450 hp MaxxForce 13 (shown) models — one that offers 1,700 lb.-ft. torque and another with multi-torque output of 1,550/1,700 lb.-ft
- Advanced EGR emissions technology used to meet 2010 emissions
- Common-rail fuel system features injection pressures of 32,000 psi (2,200 bar)
- Engine brake is fully integrated with vehicle controls and anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Engine control module (ECM) operates engine brake, has three available braking levels
- For MaxxForce 13, maximum downhill braking performance is 415 to 470 braking horsepower at 1,900 to 2,100 rpm