Though Tognum's Series 1500 six-cylinder engines currently use technologies such as diesel particulate filters (DPF), its development goal is to fulfill Tier 4 Final without using a DPF which would be an advantage concerning space requirements and weight.
- Reduces fuel consumption up to 5% compared to Tier 4 Interim solutions and increases durability up to 20%
- Provides high torque at low engine speed, high engine exhaust brake performance as well as quick and easy maintenance
- Operates in power range from 535 hp to 620 hp
- Utilizes exhaust gas recirculation, SCR units and diesel particulate filters to meet emission standards
- Common rail injection system generating up to 2,500 bar injection pressure ensures low raw particulate emissions and efficient combustion
- All technology for exhaust aftertreatment is incorporated in a single module for easy integration
- Aftertreatment system also incorporates acoustic muffler function