Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI) has announced its currently available Tier 4 Interim D04EG engine will have a Tier 4 final version will available in 2015. MHI’s current plan is to incorporate a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system to meet Tier 4 Final regulations.
- Four-cylinder design delivers maximum output of 74 kW (99 hp) and maximum torque of 375 Nm at 1,600 rpm
- Provides power density of 0.22 kW/L
- Utilizes common rail system including an exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system and a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) for Tier 4 Interim compliance
- Offers 12% improvement in fuel economy compared to Tier 3 version
- High-performance turbochargers combine with optimized common rail system to increase output up to 50% when compared with previous Tier 3 engines