The New Techniques Competition staged for the Bari exposition came to a conclusion with the assignment of the prizes during an awards ceremony held in the setting of a special dinner in the trade fair quarters Congress Center. The eight winning industries were tapped for totally new innovations, five of them for New Technologies awards and three for Honorable Mentions.
The rigorous technical competition of innovative solutions presented by the exhibiting manufacturers is judged by a jury made up of authoritative experts in this field. The prize winning features can fit into any category of applications and can be created in any form, from the most flashy devices to small precision instruments. These unprecedented solutions are all tried and tested for bringing them into series production. The products which came away from the 2017 competition with awards were:
- Everest -- a transverse levelling system for a New Holland combine harvester;
- Minitractor El Furbo - a compact transporter for an onboard operator built by Oliver Agro;
- Colibri - a precision inter-row weeder again from Oliver Agro;
- Deepfield Connect Strawberry Monitoring - a system for controlling temperature and humidity of small fruit crops by Robert Bosch;
- Mevual - an innovative mulcher for pruning residues from Serrat Triuradoras;
- FPA Flash - a combine machine for transplanting and applying mulch from Ferrari Costruzioni Meccaniche;
- M612 Compact GIB-DOR - a pneumatic sprayer with electrostatic spray device from Martignani;
- Trick - a combine cultivator for minimum tilling operations in vineyards and fruit orchards by Selvatici.