Red Dot Corp., a manufacturer is climate control systems for heavy-duty vehicles, has introduced a sealed, microprocessor-controlled rotary actuator for 12- and 24-volt mobile HVAC applications. Developed for on- and off-highway equipment, the actuator is ideal for managing air-distribution doors, water valves, and other functions where durability and precise, electronically controlled actuation are required.
The actuator is sealed to IP68 standards (+/- 5 psi internal or external pressure) to resist moisture and other contaminants. Its microprocessor control is designed to maintain a constant torque across the range of operating voltage and automatically reduce torque in a stalled condition, which can mean less stress on components and deliver longer service life.
- Adjustable using linear voltage (potentiometer) or pulse-width modulated (PWM) signals
- Meets the highest flame retardant specifications: UL 94-V0 and UL 94-5VA standards
- Maximum torque: 13 in.-lbs.
- Vibration tested to 9.8 Gs
- Rotation angle: 104 degrees standard
- Rated for 300,000 cycles
- Rated for operation between -40 and 185 F (-40 to 85 C)
- Diagnostic position feedback
- Customizable functionality available
- Reverse-polarity protected
- 24v load-dump protected