Red Dot Corporation has announced the launch of its first all-electric, heavy-duty HVAC unit, the E-6100-0-24P.
- Turnkey system that is ready to be installed on roof of vehicle cab
- Self-contained system which simply requires operator to provide power for it to function
- Produces 300 CFM of airflow while achieving 15,000 BTUs per hour
- Enables removal of compressor from engine compartment
- Eliminates many potential leak points associated with hose runs
- Offers significant reduction in refrigerant charge
- 24V unit, and 12V unit in development
The Perkins Syncro range delivers from 29-100 kW (39-134 hp) of power and between 120-500 Nm torque. The 1.7, 2.2, 2.8 and 3.6 liter engines are engineered to integrate perfectly with your machine design and deliver the right value and performance to support your business growth.
3-Cylinder Turbocharged Perkins Syncro 1.7 Liter
- 29 kW (39 hp)
- Maximum torque of 120 Nm at 1800 rpm
- Rated speeds up to 2800 rpm
The engine, along with the 2.2 liter, 4-cylinder variant, features common rail direct injection and full authority electronics and meet EU Stage IIIB, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emissions standards.
The compact package size and sleek engine architecture of the 1.7 and 2.2 models features a rear-mounted small diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), allowing customers to adopt no-compromise machine designs across many compact applications including skid steer loaders, aerial work platforms, lift booms, wheeled loaders, hydraulic excavators and rollers.
4-Cylinder 2.8 Liter Diesel Engine
- 55 kW (74 hp)
- Up to 325 Nm of torque
- Meets multiple global emissions standards including Stage V, Tier 4 Final
- Increase in power density of 22% when downsizing
The 2.8 liter common rail engine, available as a turbocharged and a turbocharged aftercooled variant, delivers the performance, value and reliability our customers expect to help them access new markets and support their business growth.
The Perkins Syncro 2.8 liter benefits from a suite of technologies including a common rail fuel system, electronic control, advanced air systems and flexible aftertreatment configurations, with an array of engine and off-engine mounted options for optimized packaging in all machines.
AxleTech introduces the Front Drive Independent Axle Suspension (ISAS) which is specifically designed for applications requiring high mobility and maneuverability.
- Modular drivetrain system for all-wheel-drive (AWD) Class 7/8 trucks which maintains same ride height of rear-wheel-drive truck
- Bolt-on system that does not require modifications to frame rails
- 5-12 in. (12.7-30.5 cm) height reduction improves vehicle roll stability versus best-in-class beam axle mechanical AWD
- Provides enhanced safety, handling, and stability
- Lower center of gravity ensures better vehicle maneuverability and stability for safer and more confident handling
- Delivers superior vehicle performance when operating on- and off-road compared to standard drivetrain systems
- Ride harshness improvements as well as reduction in unwanted steering feedback lead to less physical fatigue for driver, and higher reliability of cab
- Provides 60% reduction in cab and driver-absorbed power
- 2-times the wheel travel The Independent Front Suspension provides 2-times the wheel travel compared
- Shift-on-the-fly transfer case helps address safety and performance concerns of heavy truck industry
- Air disc brake with ventor rotor provides superior brake fade resistance and stopping power
- Modern steering geometry upgrades truck handling and steering for SUV-like feel compared to standard AWD truck
Caterpillar will expand on what is already the industry’s broadest industrial engine range with the addition of the Cat C13B 6-cylinder, 12.5 L (12,500 cc) engine.
- Will leverage proven, reliable core of components and complementary technology to C9.3B platform
- Designed to meet Stage V and Tier 4 Final emissions standards
- Combines upgraded air, electrical and aftertreatment systems to produce range of powers from 340-430 kW (455.9-576.6 hp) and up to 2,640 Nm (1947.2 ft.-lbs.) of torque
- Package is 30% lighter when compared to previous models
- Will be offered in number of configurations to provide OEM customers flexibility to reduce cost of installation
- Engine mounted afterteatment (EMAT) and full Industrial Power Unit (IPU) configurations are offered from the factory
- Remote mounted aftertreatment is also possible, with minimal installation requirements between engine and aftertreatment
- Dual label certification – Stage V and Tier 4 Final - gives customers opportunity to commonize products across regions
- No changes to customer interface points for existing products, allowing for seamless changeover
The SGH25 wire-actuated encoder from SIKO is characterized by a measurement range up to 2.5 m (8.2 ft.) and an extremely long service life.
- Wire-based position sensor
- Variety of interfaces meet high requirements, even in applications that are critical for safety
- Suitable for applications in mobile machines such as dump trucks, excavators and agricultural machinery
- Measures position of hydraulic and telescopic cylinders and communicates it to machine control system via integrated communication protocols
- Can be integrated directly into hydraulic cylinders
- Newly developed plastic provides strong design and extends fluid temperature range from 85 C (185 F) previously to 105 C (221 F)
- Tested to toughest vibration standards
- Withstands individual shocks of up to 100 times the force of gravity
- Flexible cable cushions hardest impacts
- Hydraulic medium also dampens any vibrations that come about
- Integrated teach-in function enables measurement length of sensor to be set individually
- Features KV1H plug connection, offering protection rating of IP69K
- Available with analog interfaces and CANopen or SAE J1939 protocols for transmitting data
- Redundant versions with CAT3, performance level D -PLd meet the highest requirements for safety-critical applications in accordance with EN13849
- Cable-based design makes hollow boring of piston superfluous, offering cost savings
- Can also be installed in telescopic cylinders
AxleTech partnered with RBR Enterprise, a leading manufacturer of agricultural equipment, to introduce the RBR Vector 300 with variable track axles.
- Mechanically-driven steerable axles
- Adjusts to varying row crops in five different track widths: 114 in. (289.6 cm), 120 in. (304.8 cm), 132 in. (335.3 cm), 138 in. (350.5 cm), and 144 in. (365.8 cm)
- Wider axle extensions allow for full 15 in. (38.1 cm) extension per side, 150% more than extension of competing designs
- At push of a button vehicle can adjust to five necessary track locations which enhances productivity when working in varying row widths
- Allows vehicle to turn on a dime, reducing turning radius by almost half
- Four-wheel steer allows for increased maneuverability at the end of a pass
- Crab steer enables greater control when operating on hillsides
- Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) of 32,000 lbs. (14.5 T)
MAN Engines has debuted its straight-six, 145-mm stroke, 115-mm bore engine, the MAN D1556, which has applications in agricultural machinery.
- Features 9.0 L (9,000 cc) design
- Power range from 205-324 kW (279-440 hp)
- Compact and lightweight design, measuring 1,414 × 807 × 1,103 mm (l × w × h; 55.7 x 31.8 x 43.4 in.)
- Less complex as there is no EGR (SCR only), assisting reliability
- Control system for exhaust gas aftertreatment system is fully integrated into EDC (Engine Device Control)
- Generates maximum torque value of 1,970 Nm (1,453 ft.-lbs.) between 1,150 and 1,300 rpm
- Dry weight of just 860 kg (1,896 lbs.) without exhaust gas aftertreatment
- Common Rail System provides maximum injection pressure of 2,500 bar (36,259.4 psi)
- Includes turbocharger with variable turbine geometry (VTG), allowing efficient engine operating range customized to perfectly match wide range of applications
- VTG turbocharger features compact dimensions compared to two-stage turbochargers and increased brake output without use of additional components such as brake flap or valve brake
- High compression also ensures more efficient fuel consumption
- Meets most recent emission requirements such as Euro Stage V and US Tier 4
- Modular exhaust-gas aftertreatment system consisting of DOC/DPF (diesel oxidizing catalytic converter/diesel particulate filter) and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction)
- For regions with less stringent emissions requirements in line with EU Stage IIIA/IIIB only the aftertreatment's SCR component group is needed
Trident has expanded its TRAXTER range of solid skid steer tires to meet increasing demands on skid steers.
- 100% flat proof with high damage resistance
- Extra deep tread provides three to five times the service life of pneumatic tires
- Specially designed sidewall apertures for shock absorption
- Supplied as ready-to-fit tire and wheel assemblies for quick and easy replacement
- Widest range of application-specific patterns for general construction, landscaping, recycling and scrap handling, demolition, waste handling, etc.
- Several sizes to replace equivalent pneumatics (18x8.50-8, 5.70-12, 23x8.50-12, 27x8.50-15, 27x10.5-15, 10-16.5, 31.5x13-16.5, 12-16.5, 33x15.5-16.5, 14-17.5)
Webasto Thermo & Comfort has introduced its SP80 low-profile, ceiling-mounted HVAC system.
- Makes it possible for OEMs and cabin manufacturers to design vehicle-control spaces with increased headroom and greater visibility
- 50% the size and 20% the weight of average HVAC systems
- Hugs cabin ceilings
- 3.15-in. (8 cm) thick injection-molded plastic envelope features rounded edges
- Central air intake configuration allows air outlets to be precisely oriented to fit cab’s particular design
- Unit-top, central air intake gives almost unlimited flexibility in way processed air is introduced back into cab environment
- 25.03-in. (63.6 cm) width and 20.39-in. (51.8 cm) length makes for easy integration into any cab design
- Ultra-light weight enables cab roof structures to be lighter as well
- Weighs less than 15.5 lbs. (7.03 kg)
- Use of reversed curved fan blade, low-profile evaporators and heat exchangers help keep unit thin and reduces mass
- High-efficiency fan and state-of-the-art air handling system
- 12V design
- Delivers 7.8 kW of cooling power and 6.8 kW of heating power
A full range of metric deep groove ball bearings is now available from The Timken Company.
- Portfolio includes standard, thin section, narrow, wide, miniature and extra-small deep groove ball bearings
- From 3-400 mm (0.11-15.74 in.) bore sizes
- Qualified for electric motors to keep equipment operating smoothly
- Follows ISO standards
- Dimensionally interchangeable with competitive products
- Features super finishing on raceways to reduce friction
- Uses premium low torque/noise grease
- Available in C3 clearance (preferred for electric motors)
- Meets precise manufacturing standards (minimizing noise and vibration)
- Offers many open, shield, seal and snap ring combinations to suit different needs
- Brass cages are available in select sizes for extra strength in unrelenting conditions