CASE Construction Equipment introduces an all-new purpose-built landfill configuration for its 2050M dozer, providing enhancements and guarding that make it suitable for work in the harshest of landfill environments. The specialized design was tested and refined in large-scale landfill operations throughout North America in advance of the launch.
“Our product specialists, and each test site, spent considerable time monitoring machine performance and guarding,” says Nathaniel Waldschmidt, Product Marketing Manager, CASE Construction Equipment. “Additional enhancements have been made, and what we’re coming to market with now is a powerful landfill dozer that will provide extreme performance and productivity, as well as protection from the unique working conditions of a landfill.”
The CASE 2050M is the manufacturer’s most powerful dozer, operating at a rated 214 net horsepower with a drawbar pull of 80,979 lbs. The new configuration features extensive guarding and systems to keep the dozer working efficiently in large-scale landfill operations. Key components of the new configuration include:
- A new wide-track- or low-ground-pressure-track-configured bulldozer semi-u blade with trash rack that increases blade capacity to 14.5 cu. yd., with an overall height of 79 in., to allow significant material carrying capacity and to take advantage of the 2050M’s industry-leading drawbar pull in its horsepower class.
- An optional 6-way PAT blade configuration with the same high material carrying capacity trash rack.
- New tank guards and debris deflectors that redirect material away from the chassis and protects the engine, cooling package, tanks, and other critical components of the dozer.
- A chassis seal kit built from plate steel to cover gaps and prevent trash incursion and buildup.
- Standard front striker bars that prevent material from climbing the tracks and entering into the chassis, and optional track frame wrap striker bars to completely guard any material from wrapping the front idler area of the track frame.
- Window and door guards that protect the operator and the cab with 2- x 2-in. steel screens.
- A new Sy-Klone Series 9000 pre-cleaner with screens that prevents trash and debris from entering the engine air intake system.
- A heavy-duty radiator door that protects from impact and debris.
- A new rear cabinet and counterweight that provides tow hook, tow rope mounting provisions, striker bars, suitcase weights, and mounting provisions for an owners’ installed aftermarket fire suppression system.
- A specially designed set of super-duty final drive guards with multiple overlapping seal guards that prevent material and wire from wrapping, overlapping, and sacrificing critical final drive seals.
- Optional HEPA Sy-Klone Cab air cleaner with landfill protective enclosure.
- Additional components, including extensive hose and cylinder guards, exhaust insulation and grease fitting protection.
Operational Benefits of 2050M in Landfills
At its core, the 2050M features primary operating systems and components ideally suited for working in landfills. In addition to the robust drawbar pull, the dozer features a hydrostatic drive system that reduces parasitic drag on the engine and allows the machine to put more horsepower and torque to working efforts. An advanced load management system automatically reduces track speed (increasing torque) with a heavier load on the blade, and increases track speed (reducing torque) with a lighter load on the blade, ensuring the machine is working at optimal power and efficiency. This unique system provides 100 percent power to a turning track, while also allowing inside tracks to maintain pushing power, which is unmatched by a traditional drivetrain.
The CASE 2050M meets EPA Tier 4 Final emissions regulations with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology, which helps further keep temperatures down in the engine compartment, and also contributes to greater power and fuel efficiency as the engine is not using diesel/effort to burn off accumulated particulate through regeneration. The dozer also features a cooling system tested under maintained heavy load conditions and designed to optimize engine and hydraulic temperatures.
Control and Comfort to the Operator
The 2050M features control customizations that allow the operator to tailor machine performance and responsiveness to their preferences, including the ability to set blade sensitivity, steering sensitivity and shuttle sensitivity to smooth, moderate or aggressive. An electro-hydraulic joystick further simplifies operation by providing better feel and responsiveness to the operator, and fingertip blade shake allows for quick shedding of accumulated trash.
The 2050M also features a sealed and pressurized cab that helps keep dust and other materials out of the operating environment. Noise is significantly reduced down to 75 dBa compared to previous CASE dozers, and amenities such as a factory-installed radio and environmental controls further make the 2050M the most comfortable CASE dozer cab ever built.
Protected by CASE ProCare
The 2050M dozer at the heart of this configuration is protected by CASE ProCare, while the added components of the landfill configuration are covered under a separate warranty. ProCare is a suite of product assurances that includes a 3-year Advanced CASE SiteWatch telematics subscription, a 3-year/3,000-hour full-machine factory warranty, and a 3-year/3,000-hour planned maintenance contract.