Dana Holding Corporation has introduced the Spicer Model 990 suspension steer axle for high-horsepower tractors.
- For agricultural tractors from 285 to 370 kW (380 to 500 hp) in continuous use.
- Independent front suspension offers isolation from body vibration and provides improved vehicle control, operator comfort, traction and handling characteristics for safer operation, especially at on-road speeds
- Designed for integration into vehicle’s frame
- Reduces complexity and simplifies final assembly on OEM production line
- Central housing integrates pneumatically actuated multi-disc wet brakes and 100% differential lock capability, offering better traction at higher speeds with improved comfort
- Housing features front three-point hitch and a power take-off
- Capable of on-road travel up to 60 km/h (37 mph) with a lower-rpm engine
- Includes anti-lock braking system (ABS) and central tire inflation system (CTIS)