TE Connectivity announces the launch of its LITEFORCE contact technology designed to address the challenge of the increased physical strain on automotive component manufacturer assembly workers by high pin-count connectors which are increasingly being used in motor vehicles.
- Increasing demand for connected vehicles requires more electronics leading to an increased use of high pin-count connectors whose assembly require greater levels of manual force; additional physical strain on workers can potentially cause ergonomic discomfort in the workplace and long-term worker health issues with the potential resultant lost working time
- Designed to meet the requirements of modern vehicles while meeting these concerns about workers’ health
- Comprises a wave-shaped contact geometry on the terminal which makes it possible to reduce the contact normal force by up to 50% without compromising the vibration performance
- Offer vehicle manufacturers a worker-friendly way of increasing the connector pin-count without increasing the insertion force
- Costly mating assist features which help to engage the connector during assembly can be designed out
- Can be used to increase the vibration resistance of a connector by up to two severity classes
- Current carrying capacity can be improved by up to 25% compared to standard contact technologies
- Available with TE’s MQS, AMP MCP and MCON terminal families
Download a White Paper on this technology at www.oemoffhighway.com/21012165.