STRATTEC Security Corp. has released i-Guard, its latest anti-theft solution, developed specifically for the construction, fleet and rental equipment industries.
- A robustly designed theft-deterrent system for heavy equipment
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) electronic immobilizer design
- Safeguards costly machinery of any size from unauthorized use
- Electronic code programmed into engine module and into a chip in the key or a Fob is transmitted between the two components by a small antenna via difficult-to-mimic radio frequencies
- Insertion of key into ignition, or activation of push-start button on Fob used, initiates authorization request from vehicle
- If the engine and key or Fob codes don't match, the vehicle will not start
- Relies on radio frequencies which majority of criminals do not have skills to disable, unlike easily hacked GPS technology