POSITAL has announced the full implementation of 2- and 4-wire versions of the single-cable BiSS Line interface for its family of motor feedback kit encoders.
- Provides motor manufacturers, machine builders and system integrators an economical way of building accurate, reliable absolute position feedback into devices such as servo-motors, stepper motors and robotic joints
- Offers significant cost savings from reduced component count to simplified installation procedures
- 4-wire version has separate wire pairs for power and data transmission, with both wire pairs packaged in a single cable
- Modulated data signals share the conductor pair with the power supply for 2-wire implementations
- Supporting both 2- and 4-wire implementations ensures compatibility with PLCs and controllers from most major manufacturers
- Interfaces make use of BiSS series of open-source data communications protocols, a highly functional set of technologies that offer advanced features, including Forward Error Correction which can detect and correct transmission errors at the receiver, reducing need for retransmission
- Ensures high availability of interface, even under difficult environmental conditions, and makes it possible to use simple hybrid motor cables, even where motor brakes are used