Covering a power range of 760-1,560 bhp, the redesigned MTU Series 2000 diesel engine is ready for EPA Tier 4 interim standards, and the same engine platform will meet Tier final standards beginning in 2015.
- Compliance with emissions requirements using only EGR
- Up to 8% saving on fuel compared to predecessor engines
- Constant power to an altitude of 10,168 ft. (3,100 m)
- Compact and efficient design
- Life-cycle costs are low thanks to reduced fuel consumption and long TBO (time between overhaul) intervals which can be up to 18,000 hours depending on load profile
- Used, for example, in harbor and mobile cranes, excavators, underground and open-cast mining vehicles such as haul trucks and wheel loaders, as well as for drilling equipment and pumps