Component manufacturers are continually developing new products and further enhancing their offerings to provide OEMs with solutions that will best fit their equipment designs and end use customer needs.
Each week we’ll provide an overview of the latest components which have entered the heavy-duty mobile equipment market to help you find the products you need for your machine designs.
And be sure to check out our Component Directory for even more products. There you can also search by component categories and type.
TE Connectivity OPS3 Multi-Parametric Oil Quality Sensor
TE Connectivity has developed the OPS3 multi-parametric oil quality sensor to detect degrading oil. Per the company’s press release about the sensor, it was designed to have a long lifetime and provides a durable sensor package for harsh environments.
“The OPS3 sensor is the first-of-its-kind in the market to offer density, dynamic viscosity, dielectric constant, resistivity (Rp), and temperature measurement all at once giving customers the ability to define their own oil algorithm and bring added value, such as healthier oil that lasts longer and increased engine life, to their systems,” said Antoine Gilliocq, Product Manager at TE in the company’s press release announcing the development of the OPS3 sensor.
- Offers density, dynamic viscosity, dielectric constant, resistivity (Rp), and temperature measurement all at once
- Designed to have a long lifetime
- Weighs five times less than sensors in the market
- Features a stainless steel 316L housing that provides a durable sensor package
BrightLoop Converters VALUE DC-DC Converters
BrightLoop Converters has launched a VALUE DC-DC product line to offer a range of converters designed for off-highway and commercial vehicles. The VALUE DC-DC converter features a rugged and durable design that is compliant with market standards such as ECE R 10, ECE R 100 and LV 124.
“We are proud to bring our expertise…to the commercial and off-highway markets. Our focus has always been to push the limits of performance further and with this new VALUE product line, our goal is clearly to bring our know-how to markets which have historically worked with heavy and bulky power electronics, making it possible for them to have a taste of outstanding performance, versatility and power density while remaining in their price range,” said Florent Liffran, CEO of BrightLoop Converters, in the company’s press release announcing the launch of the converters.
Features of the VALUE DC-DC Converters include:
- Features smaller footprint and weight <2.20 lbs. (<5 kg) than the equivalent power converters currently available on the market
- Features rugged and durable design to meet expectations of commercial and off-highway vehicle markets
- Can be used in 12, 24 and 48V architectures and with 400, 800V or higher battery ranges
Cummins High-Horsepower QSK95 Engine for Mining Applications
Cummins Inc. has introduced the high-horsepower QSK95 engine for mining applications offering an optimum power-to-weight ratio for 400T haul trucks, and 3,800 hp (2,833.7 kW) rating for increased fuel efficiency. The engine features a clean-sheet, modular design for easy servicing and an average 15% better life to overhaul says Cummins in its press release announcing the introduction of the QSK95.
“We’re super excited about bringing the QSK95 to mining. It represents the very best design and performance from the entire Cummins portfolio in one outstandingly powerful engine. It’s groundbreaking, and then some,” said Gary Johansen, Vice President, Power Systems Engineering, in Cummins’ press release.
Features of the QSK95 engine include:
- Features stiffened engine block and V16 cylinder set up which reduces vibration and noise to enhance operator comfort
- Produces up to 4,400 hp (3,281.1 kW)
- Available with PrevenTech, Cummins’ cloud-based software designed for engine health monitoring and remote diagnostics
Donaldson Filter Minder Connect
Donaldson Company, Inc. has announced the availability of its Filter Minder Connect solution. This solution is designed to monitor fuel filters and engine oil condition for heavy-duty engines. Donaldson Co. Inc.
“We are pleased to expand our connected technology to fuel filters and engine oil condition, helping fleet managers and heavy-duty operators optimize filter and fluid maintenance intervals to get the most out of their equipment,” said Nate Zambon, Director of Filter Minder at Donaldson, in the company’s press release announcing the release of the monitoring solution.
Features of the Filter Minder Connect solution include:
- Can be installed on equipment in minutes
- Integrates into existing on-board telematics and fleet management systems
- Sensors measure pressure drop and differential pressure on fuel filters, as well as condition of engine oil, including density, viscosity, dielectric constant, and resistivity to aid maintenance decisions
Listen to our podcast interview with Nate Zambon, Director of Filter Minder, to learn more about the technology.