At the 2012 World of Concrete show, Navistar, Inc. highlighted the strength and durability of its vocational truck line-up and showcased a number of new product updates and key features for the construction and ready-mix industries.
Commitment to Serve
With a comprehensive line-up of vocational trucks committed to the construction segment, Navistar has maintained its market leadership position in the severe service segment since 2007. The International WorkStar, one of the most durable and versatile vocational trucks in the construction industry, is built on the same battle-tested truck platform as the International MaxxPro MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected) armored vehicle. Since 2007, Navistar has built nearly 9,000 MaxxPro MRAPs for the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan, protecting our service men and women and saving thousands of lives.
“With strength and durability as the key components in the DNA of our severe service vehicles, our vocational truck line-up is built to withstand the most extreme conditions faced by our armed forces day-in and day-out,” says Mike Cerilli, vice president of marketing, Navistar North American Truck Group. “For our vocational truck customers, a capable and durable work truck is their livelihood—for our military, a capable and durable truck can be a lifesaver.”
Beyond its commitment to serving the U.S. military, Navistar has remained committed to the construction industry. International has made significant investments in products and services to meet the needs of the construction industry and maintain its industry leadership.
From its acquisition and integration of Continental Mixers to the launch of the industry’s only hassle-free, customer-friendly emissions solution, to innovative new product features, Navistar is well-positioned to take advantage as the construction industry continues to improve in the years ahead.
International Diamond Logic Features Unique, Construction-Friendly Features
In addition, construction professionals can utilize the features of the International Diamond Logic electronic control system, one of the most advanced electrical multiplexing architectures available in commercial trucks. Diamond Logic maximizes ease of body integration and helps deliver a number of smart, customizable features for added convenience and safety—such as automated pre-trip inspections, headlights on with wipers, interlocks, programmable switches and more depending on the application.
The Diamond Logic electronic control system includes a number of versatile construction-specific features such as directional drum control, drum stop warning and automated chute lock.
- Directional drum control is controlled by an in-cab dash switch and at rear of mixer and can be set at three different speeds. A warning light and audible alert sounds when the drum is stopped.
- An auto relief feature controls water tank pressure when traveling above 10 mph, leveraging the existing chassis air valves. This sensor driven cooler fan with manual override displays a green light in-cab indicating fan operation.
- Controlled in cab and at rear of mixer, a red warning light in cab indicates the chute is unlocked and will automatically lock above speeds of 10 mph. A warning light also indicates when the chute is up or not in center position.
- Remote throttle via RPM is controlled both in-cab and at rear of mixer.
- Work lights, controlled by a red light warning, key off timer and automatically turn off above 10 mph.
- Air hopper automatically moves to the down position above 10 mph.