Senior-level machinery manufacturing executives will gather at the upcoming Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) annual conference to discuss the future: how best to sustain today’s business and tackle tomorrow’s market challenges and opportunities.
The 2014 AEM Annual Conference will be held November 12 to 14 at The Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa, CA, with the theme “Rooted for Success.”
The event offers presidents, CEOs and other senior managers a high-level industry gathering place specifically focused on off-road equipment manufacturing. Featured are interactive presentations from leading business and industry experts and plenty of discussion and networking.
A key thread of the conference is that harnessing today’s advances leads to tomorrow’s opportunity. Topics on the conference agenda include: innovation and disruption, accelerating technology, speeding time to market, building a business, diversity to make a workplace stronger, and economic and political outlooks.
Networking events include the popular AEMPAC gala and fundraiser, with an Experience Napa theme at the Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, and a finale dinner, with a cinema and winery-themed Six Sensory Experience reflecting the conference’s Napa Valley location.
In conjunction with the conference, AEM will hold several Board-level committee meetings as well as conduct its Annual Business Meeting; actions include election of directors, recognition of longtime Milestone-Member companies, and progress reports on AEM business-development and advocacy programs to benefit members and the industry.
The conference will also host ceremonies inducting the newest members into the AEM Hall of Fame, which honors equipment industry leaders and visionaries.
Follow the official hashtag #AEMAC14 for 2014 AEM Annual Conference updates and to join in the conversation.
AEM Annual Conference sessions include:
- Disruption, with a special breakout - Luke Williams, professor of innovation, NYU Stern School of Business; Executive Director, Berkley Entrepreneurship Center at New York University; best-selling author of Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business
- Solutions to Growth, with a special workshop - Salim Ismail, Executive Director and Global Ambassador, Singularity University; Silicon Valley-based strategist and entrepreneur writing book titled Exponential Organizations
- Technology Driving Change – Change Driving Opportunity - John “Jay” Rogers, co-founder, President, and CEO, Local Motors; David Helgason, CEO, Unity Technologies; Timothy J. Shinbara, Jr., Technical Director, Association For Manufacturing Technology (AMT)
- Speed of Product to Market - Beth Comstock, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, GE
- Strategic Decisions to Build a Business - Mani Iyer, President, Mahindra USA; Cleo Franklin, Mahindra USA Vice President Marketing, Product Development and Strategic Planning
- Growth Through Diversity – Dinggui Gao, President, Sandvik Construction
- Latin America Update - John Price, Managing Director, Americas Market Intelligence LLC
- Effects of the Elections - Bob Cusack, Managing Editor, The Hill newspaper; Jim Manley, Director Communications Practice, QGA Public Affairs; Henry Barbour, partner, Capitol Resources
- Plus - Agriculture and Construction Hot-Topics Breakouts; Economic Outlooks for Industry Sectors