The 44C Magnum continuously variable transmission (CVT) clutch from Comet Clutches is a torque sensitive drive system device that is infinitely variable from engagement to the highest speeds attainable (within the pitch diameter range).
- Symmetrical clutch is designed to the withstand the extreme rigors of rough applications
- By changing pucks and spring, the clutch can be converted from the standard 4 cycle setup to be used on 2 cycle engines
- Recommended hp minimum 8 up to 18 hp for 4 cycle engines
- Drive belt 7/8 in. top width, symmetrical type
- OEM modifications possible to alter belt widths
- Drive clutch bore sizes: 0.75 in., 1 in., 1-1/8 in.
- 40D driven bore sizes: 5/8 in., 0.75 in., 7/8 in.
- 44D driven bore sizes: 5/8 in., 0.75 in.
- Speed reduction ratios using 40D, 7.5 in. diameter - 2.43:1 low, 1:1 high
- Speed reduction ratios using 44D, 8.5 in. diameter - 2.83:1 low, 1.24:1 high
- Applications include material handling, small excavators, compactors and brush cutters, ATVs and UTVs
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about Comet Clutches 44C Magnum Series Torque Converters