Thomson Industries Inc. announces availability of its Electrak MD, a more compact electromechanical actuator that retains all of the intelligence built into its larger counterparts.
- Can be used in mobile off-highway, material handling and factory automation applications
- Offers up to 2 kilonewtons (kN) of force, advanced onboard electronics and J1939 CANbus support
- Comes with onboard intelligence which enhances overall performance and eliminates space consumption by keeping any external equipment like encoders and switches within the actuator housing
- Provides simpler method of control and communication, which minimizes operating costs and simplifies setup and installation
- Features extensive automation and maintenance enablers such as feedback on position, J1939 CANbus communication, low-current switching (PLC compatibility), and end-of-stroke indication output