Ewellix has developed the CAHB-2xS, a smart electro-mechanical actuator with extended functionality for use in demanding applications such as agricultural and construction machinery.
- Offers four new features – in control, accurate position sensors, built-in monitoring/diagnostics and communication
- Offers typical MTTF (mean time to failure) of 75 years*
- Patented non-contact sensors provide true absolute position of movement that never require calibration, while motion is constantly monitored with the option to synchronize multiple actuators to offer parallel motion, even at full speed
- Monitors its own condition and can transmit error code if it operates outside specifications
- Can be connected to simple switch or relatively inexpensive electronic control unit without need for high-current controller
- Wiring can be simplified when equipment's CANbus is used
- Multiple actuators with parallel motion can be controlled without need for an extra electronic box or CANbus
- Offers plug-and-play functionality
- Provides smooth, powerful motion with soft stop/start even when handling large loads
- Onboard diagnostics help identify any problems early to minimize unplanned downtime
- Wide range of potential applications including use in agricultural equipment, construction machinery and material handling equipment
- Models available capable of delivering a push and pull load of up to 10,000 N
* In a safety evaluation (EN ISO 13849), mean time to failure (MTTF) was 75 years for an actuator powered 8 hours per day, 240 days per year.