Electric vehicle and advanced battery specialists, engineers and executives will be gathering this week at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI, to discuss solutions that address the evolving demands of each of these leading-edge industries.
The 2015 Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo, along with its co-located events The Battery Show and Critical Power Expo, offers a sold-out exhibition floor which is free to explore, plus 30% increase in registrations over last year, and cover all the latest and hottest topics in vehicle electrification technologies and advanced energy solutions.
Featured exhibitors and topics at the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo include:
- TM4, who will launching its new fully programmable NEURO 200 controller for electric and hybrid vehicles. Rapid and economical prototyping to production can be achieved in a Simulink environment using the TM4 SynApps model-based development platform.
- Mustang AE will be introducing its range of power supplies and battery simulators for powertrain and battery development to complement their line of powertrain test rigs. They offer infinitely variable bus systems as well as dedicated range systems to meet all applications with capacities up to 2000 amps utilizing dynamometer proven industrially hardened drive components common to their test rig controls.
- YASA Motors will launch its latest high performance products – the YASA P400 Series – at the show. Smaller and lighter than any other motors in their performance range, the YASA P400 Series enables designers to implement higher power hybridisation and electrification without compromising critical vehicle space and weight.
- D&V Electronics will be profiling their EPT-150 - High Precision Laboratory Tester for E-motor and Inverter development. Equipped with a 130 kw load motor, a battery simulator and D&V’s proprietary power measuring module, the EPT-150 is designed for research into new motor and drive design and control.
- Power & Signal Group has recently added Song Chuan USA to their linecard, and is now stocking their extensive portfolio of automotive and general purpose electromechanical power relays. In addition, Power & Signal Group has launched Sumitomo Electric Interconnect Products, and can offer both bulk and cut-to-length heat shrink tubing.
- Amphenol Industrial is pleased to announce that the ePower connection system family has been expanded with 400A right angle and 700A straight designs. In addition to the high amperages, the ePower connectors are made for IP2X, IP67, HVIL, 1k VDC, and EMI shielding.
- Talk to ZES Zimmer about its new LMG640 precision power analyzer which includes the revolutionary DualPath circuitry for improved efficiency testing of inverters and drives, eliminating compromised and error-prone results. Proprietary technology in the LMG640 offers a significant advancement in measuring and characterizing power losses.
- dynaCERT Inc. manufactures, distributes, and installs Carbon Emission Reduction Technology for use with internal combustion engines. Through its patent-pending technology, the HydraGen unit creates hydrogen and oxygen on-demand through electrolysis and supplies these additives through the air intake to enhance combustion for the purpose of yielding lower carbon emissions, increase torque, improve engine oil quality and greater fuel efficiency. Meet them at booth #951.
- IES-Synergy and ChargePoint recently announced a collaboration to bring the latest IES DC Fast Charger onto the ChargePoint Network through ChargePoint’s OnRamp program. The station charges at a maximum rate of 100 miles of Range Per Hour (RPH) allowing drivers to charge their EV to 80% in just 30 minutes.
- LEONI will present intelligent charging cable for electric and hybrid vehicles. Innovative LEONI iEVC makes safe charging easier thanks to status-indicating light function. The cable visibly tracks the progress of charging a vehicle with colour change in the cable jacket.
- Odawara Introduces High Slot Fill Winding and Insertion Systems for EV and PHEV Stators. New tooling advances allows the winding of multiple wires in hand with: no wire twisting, higher slot fills, production efficiency. Fully automatic systems are available with capabilities of winding over 20 wires in hand and lamination stack sizes of up to 225mm x 225mm.
- Philatron’s EV Cable Assembly is engineered and manufactured to meet the most demanding EV applications, Philatron’s EV Cable Assembly employs polycarbonate materials for maximum life and exceptional durability.
- Sevcon Inc., a world leader in the design and manufacture of controls for zero emission electric and hybrid vehicles, has introduced the first product utilizing its state-of-the-art GEN5 Technology, a high-voltage, high-power AC motor controller designed specifically for high- performance on-road applications and will be discussing this at the show.
- Dow Corning, a global leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, recently introduced at the SAE 2015 World Congress (booth 507) new Dow Corning EA-7100 Adhesive, a breakthrough silicone chemistry that greatly expands design options for automotive electronics by enabling strong bonds to a wide variety of substrates. This one-part, heat-cure adhesive also cures rapidly and at lower temperatures from the “inside out” to greatly accelerate processing, lower energy use and reduce material costs.