Tyco Fire Protection Products and one of its leading global brands, ANSUL, will debut the ANSUL Experience (Booth 7871) at MINExpo International 2016, the world’s largest and most comprehensive exposition dedicated to mining equipment, products and services. The ANSUL Experience will immerse attendees in the simulation of real-life scenarios, showcasing how a fire protection system works from detection to actuation to suppression, and will feature the new ANSUL CHECKFIRE AXP Vehicle Detection and Actuation System with Quad IR Optical Sensors.
Booth visitors will have the opportunity to step inside specific hazard areas, such as an engine room and electrical cabinet, typically found in a mobile equipment unit. Tyco Fire Protection Products representatives will take attendees through a tour of the hazard areas and a fire event showing how ANSUL fire detection, actuation and suppression systems work together to help protect mobile equipment. Attendees will gain hands-on knowledge of what happens during a fault condition by interacting with the new ANSUL AXP Detection and Actuation system’s control module, similar to what mobile equipment operators experience in a cab.
“The ANSUL Experience will give MINExpo attendees a behind-the-scenes look at how our time-tested mobile equipment fire protection solutions work. We are also excited to offer a first look at two upcoming products,” says Raj Arora, Vice President and General Manager, Fire Detection and Special Hazard Products, Tyco Fire Protection Products. “We know the mining industry works in tough environments and some of the toughest terrains, which is why we constantly strive to enhance our products and engineer new technologies, such as the new ANSUL CHECKFIRE AXP and Quad IR Optical Sensors, to help keep people and equipment protected.”
The new ANSUL CHECKFIRE AXP is expandable, addressable and fully programmable for mega-class mobile equipment, including electric shovels, haul trucks, draglines and other specialty equipment. Together with fast detecting Quad IR Optical Sensors, which provides unmatched ability to differentiate between open flames and hydrocarbon signaures, CHECKFIRE AXP provides pinpoint suppression to knock down flames at the source. Multiple protection zones are controlled by a single, operator friendly control module, which will be showcased in the ANSUL Experience in the booth.
Other products featured in the booth include:
- ANSUL CHECKFIRE 210 Detection and Actuation System - The ANSUL CHECKFIRE 210 Detection and Actuation System is designed to provide detection, alarm and fire suppression system actuation for mobile applications like hydraulic excavators, haul trucks, wheeled loaders, dozers and graders. One of the top features of the CHECKFIRE 210 system is its flexibility in the protection of various hazard areas. With color-coded, plug-and-play connectors, the system is equipped with two independent detection circuits configurable for multiple options, including single-zone detection, two-zone detection, cross-zoned detection, discharge pressure feedback monitoring, or alarm only.
- ANSUL LVS Liquid Agent Fire Suppression System - When utilized in a stand-alone system, the ANSUL LVS Liquid Agent Fire Suppression System protects off-road equipment, including above-ground and sub-surface mining equipment (haul trucks, wheeled loaders, dozers, scoop trams, shutter cars, etc.). The system features LVS agent, a wet chemical agent that is a unique blend of organic and inorganic salts and coupled with surface-active ingredients. This blend provides a strong measure of freeze protection along with the foaming properties associated with conventional Class B liquid agents. When activated, the agent flows readily into areas where flammable liquids may settle, providing both fire suppression and superior cooling of superheated surfaces while blanketing the fuel and cutting off oxygen to prevent reflash.
- ANSUL A-101/Twin-Agent Fire Suppression System - The combined performance of the ANSUL A-101/Twin-Agent Fire Suppression System provides superior protection in applications where superheated equipment works around the clock, often in rugged, hazardous environments. The FM-approved twin-agent combination is designed to protect large, non-road construction and mining equipment as well as specialty vehicles. The LVS liquid agent in the system cools surrounding areas and flows readily into spaces where flammable liquids may settle, providing both fire suppression and superior cooling of superheated surfaces while blanketing the fuel and cutting off oxygen to prevent reflash. The A-101 dry chemical agent knocks down flames, designed to flood entire spaces with agent or aim nozzles to protect specific high-hazard areas. Both systems are designed to discharge simultaneously when actuated manually or automatically with the option of extending the dry chemical discharge.
- ANSUL RED LINE Cartridge-Operated Hand Portable and Wheeled Extinguishers - RED LINE cartridge-operated hand portable and wheeled fire extinguishers are the premium firefighting units chosen by safety directors worldwide in high fire-risk situations, such as mining, chemical, petro-chemical, oil and gas, aviation and power generation. Cartridge-operated means increased reliability, on-the-spot recharge, ease of service and superior firefighting performance.
- ANSUL INERGEN Clean-Agent Fire Suppression Systems - ANSUL INERGEN systems are a reliable and field-proven solution. Upon discharge, INERGEN clean agent floods the room and remains suspended, suppressing fire quickly and effectively. The state-of-the-art detection and control system combines exclusive AUTOPULSE microprocessor control panels with sensitive smoke, heat and flame detectors as well as specialized agent distribution components. INERGEN is a clean, non-conductive and natural fire suppressant that helps reduce damage to valuable assets and sensitive equipment. The clean agent is also nontoxic and doesn’t produce corrosive decomposition products.
- ANSUL SAPPHIRE Clean-Agent Fire Suppression Systems - ANSUL SAPPHIRE systems are engineered to quickly suppress fires without causing harm to equipment, people or the environment. The SAPPHIRE System is a clean-agent system, utilizing 3M Novec 1230 fire protection fluid. The fluid is a clear, colorless and low odor clean agent that instantly vaporizes upon discharge, absorbing heat and providing total flooding of protected spaces. The system is especially suited for occupied spaces (in accordance with NFPA 2001), areas in which an electronically non-conductive medium is required (where electronic systems cannot be shut down in an emergency), and when cleanup of other agents poses a problem.
- ANSUL FM-200 Clean-Agent Fire Suppression Systems - Those responsible for managing and protecting high-value assets, processes, and facilities demand the quality fire suppression offered by the ANSUL FM-200 Clean Agent Fire Suppression System. The system uses FM-200 (HFC-227ea) agent, which vaporizes upon discharge and absorbs heat to rapidly suppress fire while leaving no residue to clean up. It is electrically nonconductive, will not short-out electronic equipment or thermally shock delicate circuitry, resulting in less damage to critical equipment, facilitating a much shorter recovery time and reducing downtime.
- ANSUL AUTOPULSE Z-20 Agent Releasing Control Panel - The AUTOPULSE Z-20 offers big panel advantages at a lower cost for both single and multiple hazard applications. The Z-20 also provides 100-250 addressable point capability and up to 32 points of conventional zones. The Z-20 panel features templates designed to simplify fire suppression application programming, a USB port to upload programs or download critical information such as historical logs, and a 4.3-in. color touchscreen display with intuitive menu-driven interface.
- GRINNELL Revit Tool Bar - The new GRINNELL Mechanical Suite (GMS) for Revit Tool Bar is now available as an add-on to the standard AutoDesk Revit software. The GMS for Revit Tool Bar treats pipe like pipe, accurately drawing grooved piping systems while using GRINNELL grooved products, something standard AutoDesk Revit software does not include. Robust tool sets increase productivity as users can perform pipe design functions within a virtual, smart model. The GMS for Revit Tool Bar provides improved effectiveness and efficiency, requiring fewer clicks to complete tasks, allowing for greater manipulation/orientation and changes to the drawing.