Tognum's pioneering solutions for the U.S. emission stages EPA Tier 4 interim (Tier 4i) and Tier 4 final (Tier 4f) features a line-up of C&I engines with the lowest fuel consumption figures across the entire power range from around 100 to 3,000 kW (135 to 4,020 bhp). In the power range up to 560 kW (750 bhp), that includes the Series 500.
- Utilizes Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) reduce nitrogen oxide emissions in exhaust gases
- SCR catalyzer replaces exhaust muffler so that only minimal additional installation space is needed
- Offers power range from 375 hp to 645 hp
- Reduces fuel consumption up to 5%
- High-pressure injection and optimized combustion meet particulate specifications without diesel particulate filters
- Dimensions and cooling requirements match those previous engine models, enabling OEMs to convert to Tier 4i without major modifications
- Same constructional design for US Tier 4i zones as for European EU III B standard