Component manufacturers are continually developing new products and further enhancing their offerings to provide OEMs with solutions that will best fit their equipment designs and end use customer needs.
Each week we’ll provide an overview of the latest components which have entered the heavy-duty mobile equipment market to help you find the products you need for your machine designs.
And be sure to check out our Component Directory for even more products. There you can also search by component categories and type.
Septentrio AsteRx-i3 GNSS/INS Receivers
Septentrio launches the AsteRx-i3 high-performance GNSS/INS receivers. Per the company’s press release announcing the launch of the new receivers, the AsteRx-i3 product family offers a variety of next-generation receivers from plug-and-play navigation solutions to feature-rich receivers with raw measurement access.
“Using our off-the-shelf GNSS/INS systems allows our customers to focus their efforts on core technology and to reduce their products’ time-to-market,” commented Danilo Sabbatini, Product Manager at Septentrio, in the company’s press release announcing the release of the AsteRx-i3 GNSS/INS Receivers. “With this new generation of products, we aim to satisfy specific needs of various customers. Instead of releasing a single general-purpose product, we bring several dedicated solutions for fastest and easiest integration into systems that require robotic navigation or sensor fusion.”
Key features of the AsteRx-i3 receivers include:
- A total of five GNSS/INS receivers
- Designed to reduce products’ time-to-market
- Product variety accommodates specific needs of various applications which require high accuracy positioning together with 3D orientation, heading, pitch and roll angles
Eaton X3 Medium-Duty Pump and Motor
Eaton announces the launch of its X3 medium-duty pump and motor portfolio. This new portfolio includes a new two-speed cartridge motor paired with single or back-to-back pump configurations.
According to the company’s press release announcing the launch of the pump and motor, combining improved package size, precision and efficiency enables Eaton’s latest plug-in variable piston motor solutions to help original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) improve machine control, productivity, and system life.
"Eaton’s X3 pump and motor portfolio offers a compact package for mobile applications where space is at a premium,” said Brent Schenk, global product manager, Medium-Pressure Closed-Circuit Piston products, Hydraulics, Eaton, in the company’s press release announcing the release of the new pump and motor portfolio. “Providing more flexibility and customization in designing mobile machines, OEMs can combine improved control and accuracy as part of an advanced propel solution.”
Key features of the pump and motor include:
- Built for durability in tough mobile environments
- Offers a compact package for mobile applications where space is at a premium
- Pairs with back-to-back or single pump options, which offers a 36% increase in the side load capacity over previous generations of Eaton pumps
- Built-in speed sensor port makes it easy to add a sensor to measure speed and direction
HAWE PSL CAN Lite Proportional Directional Spool Valve
HAWE Hydraulik's line of PSL proportional directional spool valves have been extended with the introduction of a CAN Lite (i.e. onboard electronics) actuation option. The hydraulics specialist maximizes business value, while reducing the cost allowing access into CANbus communication in many mobile machines.
According to the company’s press release announcing the launch of the CAN Lite actuation option, by switching from a valve control by pulse width modulation to CANbus, the valves can be addressed precisely, and function parameters can be adjusted easily.
Key features of the proportional directional spool valve include:
- General operating pressures up to 420 bar (6,091.6 psi) and flow rate ranging from 1-1,000 l/min (0.3-264.2 gpm) can be implemented in four sizes
- Entire valve bank is connected to machine’s bus system with one connector plug
- Provides low hysteresis during operation
Siemens Digital Industries Software Veloce Hardware-Assisted Verification System
Siemens Digital Industries Software introduces the next generation of its Veloce hardware-assisted verification system. This system is designed to provide rapid verification of highly sophisticated, next-generation integrated circuit (IC) designs.
“The increasing demand for computing in all industries means time to market is critical,” said Tran Nguyen, senior director of design services, Arm, in the company’s press release announcing the launch of the Veloce system. “The Veloce Primo enterprise FPGA prototyping solution from Siemens helps Arm quickly resolve design issues and achieve verification objectives so that our ecosystem can deliver quality Arm-based SoCs to support the rapid pace of innovation.”
Key features of the hardware-assisted verification system include:
- Includes several new products
- Streamlines and optimizes verification cycles while helping to reduce verification cost
- Combines virtual platform, hardware emulation, and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) prototyping technologies
- Supports new verification requirements across a diverse set of industries, spanning computing and storage, AI/ML, 5G, networking, and automotive
EAO Series 09 CANbus Keypad/Rotary Controller Joystick Module
EAO’s latest addition to the Series 09 portfolio of ruggedized RGB halo illuminated CANbus keypads and rotary cursor controller joystick module is an easy-to-integrate device allowing designers to specify only the HMI features needed for specific applications, which encourages cost optimization.
The company says in its press release announcing the release of the new HMI devices that they help meet the increasing demand for CANbus components in the heavy equipment industries. With these new devices EAO says it can now offer six-way keypad modules compliant with CAN J1939 and CAN Open protocols.
In addition, it says it will be adding more products to this series which meet industry needs in the near future as well. “Fully validated and certified Safety rated variants of the new Series 09 CANbus keypads, and the rotary cursor controller joystick module are in the pipeline,” said Robert Davies, Marketing Manager with EAO Ltd, in the company’s press release. “Slated to be available early in 2022, EAO has designed these particular variants in strict accordance with EN ISO 13849 PLD and ISO 26262 ASIL B functional safety standards.”
Key features of the CANbus Keypad/Rotary Controller Joystick Module include:
- Front IP67 sealing and interchangeable legends
- Six-way keypad modules compliant with CAN J1939 and CAN Open protocols
- Rated to operate at temperatures between – 40-85 C (-40-185 F)
- Choice of RGB or single-color halo illumination
Phoenix Contact DT-M12 Adapter
Phoenix Contact introduces the DT to M12 adapter which is designed for easier integration with electronics and eliminates the need to splice M12 cordsets in wire harnessing.
Per the company’s press release announcing the launch of the new adapter, heavy equipment, agriculture machines, and industrial vehicles are becoming more sophisticated and more connected than ever before. This increase in smart devices means having to adapt vehicle harnesses to an M12 connection for sensors, valves, displays, and other devices.
Key features of the Contact DT-M12 Adapter include:
- Designed to accommodate the use of J1939 CANbus standards
- Rated for extended temperature range of -30-105 C (-22-221 F) and have IP69K protection
- Available with either a plastic or stainless-steel coupling nut
- Resistant to UV, oil, and chemicals and have been tested to Fertilizer UAN 32