New light tandem rollers from Ammann make it even easier for operators to work next to obstructions such as curbs.
The ARX 23-2 T4f, the ARX 23-2C T4f, the ARX 26-2 T4f and the ARX 26-2C T4f feature Kubota engines that meet U.S. Tier 4 Final emissions standards and are EU Stage V ready. Other improvements include a new articulation joint that enables quick drum adjustment from in-line to offset configurations.
Rollers that are offset are able to work close to obstructions. Operators need watch only one drum, knowing the second will be a safe distance from the obstruction. The in-line setting, which enables equal distribution of compaction forces, is preferred on more open jobsites.
The articulation joint, which makes the in-line/offset adjustment possible, is maintenance-free.
The rollers also feature a number of design enhancements. Among them: an intuitive dashboard layout, a redesign of the front and rear of the machine and a new LED light system. Reduced sound levels improve operator and jobsite safety, as does the new light system.
Working widths range from 1,000-1,200 mm. Weights range from 2-2.5 tonnes.
Applications include small and medium construction sites, city roads, boardwalks, city street repairs and road maintenance.
The “C” versions are combination machines, which utilize steel drums in front and four pneumatic tires in the rear.
Other key features of the new rollers include:
- Electronic drive lever for smooth starts and stops, especially important on asphalt jobs
- Optional ACEforce, the Intelligent Compaction tool for optimal efficiency
- Spacious operator platform with sliding seat for comfort and visibility
- Simple and reliable dashboard with intuitive machine control, helping inexperienced operators succeed
- Accessible service and maintenance points for cost savings
- Maintenance-free parts for low cost of ownership