SSAB Domex Plus is part of the SSAB Domex family, although it is practically a brand-new steel.
- Adds new level of performance for companies doing stamping, punching, slitting and complicated die forming
- Particularly well suited to high-volume automated production lines.
- Production process gives extremely fine microstructure which has strong positive effect on mechanical properties
- Impact toughness as low as -60 C (-76 F) and typical value of 300 J at -20 C (-4 F)
- Edge shows practically no burrs or ridges in mechanical cutting
- Cut surface is very smooth and free from micro-cracks, also at very high cutting speeds
- Superior local formability
- High-stress bending and forming can be performed without cracks, improving yield and quality of final product
- High tolerance for worn tools
- Keeps performing when punching tool edges start to become dull and tool clearances are growing
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about SSAB Domex Plus