From 2014, the future Series 1600 engines will extend Tognum's Tier 4 engine program up to 730 kW (980 hp). In order to meet stringent emissions limits while also achieving lowest fuel consumption, Tognum has placed particular emphasis on optimizing the combustion process.
- Provides cylinder displacement of 1.75 liters
- Features in-engine exhaust gas recirculation technology and diesel oxidation catalyst to meet emission regulations
- Available as 10- and 12-cylinder engines
- Operates in power range from 760 hp to 980 hp
- Suitable for diesel-mechanical and diesel-hydraulic drive systems
- Provides low fuel consumption, low installation space requirements and low conversion and operating costs
- Allows for application-side systems which require cooling for easy integration and minimization of connection points