POSITAL has extended its TILTIX family of inclinometers (tilt sensors) to include explosion-proof models designed to operate safely in environments that contain potentially dangerous levels of explosive dust or gases.
- Certified in compliance with IECEx and ATEX directives
- Suitable for use in mines, oil and gas facilities, agricultural applications, and more
- Ensures there are no hotspots or exposed electrical components that could ignite fires or cause explosions in the presence of flammable dust or gases
- Certified for use in mines and underground (Group I, Ex I M2 Ex e mb I Mb) and in above-ground workplaces (Group II, EX II 2G Ex e mb IIc TX Gb – explosive gases – and EX II 1D Ex ta IIIC TX Da IP65 – flammable dust)
- Single-axis (0-360 degrees) or dual-axis (± 80 degrees) versions
- Features resolution as high as 0.01 degree
- Accuracy is up to + 0.1 degree
- Available communications interfaces include DeviceNet, CANopen, Modbus RTU, SSI and analog output
- Analog models can be programmed so that the full range of electrical output is set to span a predetermined range of mechanical motion, significantly improving control system accuracy
- Rugged aluminum or 316 stainless steel housings are offered, with other materials available by special order
- Housings have environmental protection ratings of up to IP67
Find the explosion-proof TILTIX inclinometers at POSITAL's IFPE booth S84147 during CONEXP-CON/AGG & IFPE 2020.