Every year, OEM Off-Highway compiles a list of the Top New Products in each of the six main categories on our website—Engines, Drivetrains, Fluid Power, Electrical & Electronics, Operator Cab and Engineering & Manufacturing. Winners are those products which have the most page views on our site over the past 12 months.
Through this list our audience is better able to get a sense of the top trends in the industry, and possibly even inspire their own future designs.
Since we are part way through the year, we are highlighting those products currently in the running for Top New Products 2020. The final list of winners will be published in our November/December and Year in Review issues.
If you have a product you'd like to submit, email email@example.com with product information or questions about submitting a product.
John Deere Power Systems 18.0L Engine
Building on the 13.6L engine design, John Deere has introduced a new 18.0L engine.
- Maximum power over 650 kW (870 hp)
- Designed with flexibility, serviceability and durability in mind
- Equipped with John Deere engine controls
- High-pressure common-rail fuel system
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21121440.
John Deere Power Systems
Cat 3516E High-Horsepower Engine
Caterpillar introduces the Cat 3516E—a high-horsepower engine dual-certified for EU Stage V/U.S. EPA and CARB Tier 4 Final emissions regulations.
- 78-L V16 industrial engine
- Single continuous rating produces 2,100 hp (1,566 kW) at 1,650 rpm and 8,275 lb.-ft. torque (11,220 Nm) at 1,200 rpm
- Capable of being operated at maximum power and speed without interruption or load cycling thanks to its robust design and selection of heavy-duty componentry
- Uses dual-SCR-only aftertreatment to meet EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and California Air Resources Board (CARB) requirements
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21103206.
Kubota S7509 Large Displacement Industrial Engine
Kubota Engine America introduces its S7509, a high power density, 300 hp (223.7 kW), large displacement industrial diesel engine which is part of the company's 09 Series.
- Complies with EU Stage V emission regulations
- Compact 7.5 L, 6-cylinder design
- Features low fuel consumption due to optimized, direct injection combustion system
- Provides 100% power take-off at the flywheel and fan side, as well as selection of flywheel housing and flywheel for OEM coupling
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21119811.
Kubota Engine America Corp.
Perkins Hybrid-Electric Engine
The Perkins hybrid-electric engine offers the potential to lower running costs and reduce emissions in a wide range of machines across a power range of 6- 597 kW (8-800 hp).
- Incorporates an electric machine and battery within engine system
- Electric system can recover energy and store it within battery as machine brakes
- Battery can supply energy back into engine via a motor to provide additional power when required
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21097722.
Perkins Engines Co. Ltd.
FPT F28 Engine
FPT Industrial has unveiled its F28, an engine with diesel and natural gas versions which is designed to be small, productive and environmentally-friendly.
- Delivers maximum power of 55 kW (73.8 hp) at 2,300 rpm and maximum torque of 375 Nm (276.6 ft.-lb.) at 1,400 rpm
- Displacement of 2.8 L, but delivers a 3.4-L performance in 2.2 L package
- Compliant with Stage V and Tier 4 Final emission standards
- Ultra compact aftertreatment solution uses a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) for the European market, and DOC for North America while maintaining the same packaging for both regions
- Integrated EGR channels and reduced block's bridge solution adds to compactness and ensures easy vehicle installation
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21103624.
Galileo Wheel Airless Tire for Off-Road Equipment
Galileo Wheel Ltd. introduces an airless tire for agricultural, forestry and construction machinery.
- For equipment which currently uses solid rubber tires, rubber tracks and other solutions
- Offers advantages of both solid rubber and pneumatic tires but functions completely without air
- Can be used as an airless tire at all times
- Immune to damage and maintenance free
- Features many advantages of Galileo's CupWheel technology, including longer contact patch, increased traction, better lateral stability, self-cleaning capabilities and improved driving comfort
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21097109.
Camso Conversion Track System Halftrack
Camso introduces its latest conversion track systems (CTS) Halftrack which is available for the 110-165 hp (82-123 kW) tractor segment.
- A 100% bolt-on, half-track solution
- Provides improved traction with less soil compaction, combined with tighter turning performance and road speed of a wheeled tractor
- Allows farmers to extend their field-access window at any time of the year
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21098283.
Carraro eTB220C Gearbox for Full-Electric Applications
Carraro Group has extended its portfolio to include integrated drive systems for hybrid- and full-electric powertrains which includes the eTB220C Gearbox specifically developed for full-electric applications.
- Parallel Electric Hybrid unit
- Features minimal power losses even at high input rotation speed
- Controlled by software developed to run in proprietary Carraro ECU which is fully compliant with ISO 25119 (Functional Safety)
- Software enables simultaneous control of entire powertrain to achieve improved fuel efficiency and productivity
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21132782.
Carraro eTCH90 Long Drop/Torque Converter Full Powershift Transmission
Carraro Group now offers a comprehensive product portfolio of products for hybrid electric machines and electric powertrains, such as the eTCH90 Long Drop/Torque Converter Full Powershift Transmission.
- Parallel Electric Hybrid unit
- Suitable for several equal size tire machines, such as teleboom handlers
- Controlled by software developed to run in the Carraro proprietary ECU which is fully compliant with ISO 25119 (Functional Safety)
- Helps achieve improved fuel efficiency and productivity
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21132768.
Eaton Advantage Automated Series Clutches for Automated Transmissions
Power management company Eaton announces it has expanded its Advantage Automated Series clutches to support popular automated transmissions available in the North American market.
- Fits the unique needs of automated transmissions featured on more than 75% of new heavy-duty trucks
- Includes clutch bracket with hardened steel pivot ring, which better sustains loads throughout life of the clutch
- Larger spring fingers provide better wear
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21112789.
Eaton Delta Series Motor with Integrated Parking Brake
Power management company Eaton announces the Delta series motor is now available with a spring-applied pressure release parking brake.
- Designed without cables, increasing reliability over competitive cabled brake options
- Patent-pending design
- Features Geroler technology which provides dependable load holding and smooth operation
- Suited for propel machines under 50 hp, including turf mowers, stump grinders, aircraft tugs, trenchers and mini skid steer loaders
- Compact to give machine designers more flexibility without sacrificing efficiency
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21106804.
Bosch Rexroth Piston-Gear Pump Assembly
Bosch Rexroth introduced its piston-gear pump assembly featuring an optimized pump interface.
- Designed to help mobile machine builders fit multiple pump configurations into tight machine spaces
- Provides a compact, fully engineered tandem pump configuration for mobile machines that use both types of hydraulic pumps to power implements and other equipment
- Tandem configuration combines two proven Rexroth hydraulic pump series: the A1VO/A10VO axial piston pumps and the AZPF/AZPW external gear pumps
- Incorporates a common suction port, eliminating the need for separate hydraulic lines to each pump and reducing potential points of failure or leakage, as well as reducing costs associated with hydraulic feed lines
- Hydraulic fluid is first fed into the axial piston pump, then fed from the piston pump through special passageways into the front flange of the gear pump which is mounted directly to the back of the piston pump
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21120598.
Bucher Hydraulics LVS Series Proportional Directional Control Valves
To meet existing and future requirements of agricultural machinery, Bucher Hydraulics has developed new functions for the LVS Series of proportional directional control valves.
- Fast switching and compact design
- Delivers higher energy efficiency, reduced installation costs and lower pressure losses in towed and self-propelled machines
- Nominal flow rate up to 180 l/min (47.6 gpm) and pressure ranges up to 350 bar (5,076.3 psi)
- Features two-stage valves with electrohydraulic operation, direct-operated solenoid valves and seat-valve combinations
- Facilitates application-oriented solutions that meet increasing demands and growing functional segmentation
- Up to 35 functions for controlling highly complex machines can be integrated
- Additional components available for integration into modular control block system: valves for simple ON/OFF actuator functions requiring only low flow rates in spool or seat versions
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21096320.
Bucher AX Piston Pump and AXM Piston Motor
Bucher Hydraulics is introducing the AX piston pump and AXM piston motor which overcome the limitations of current piston technology.
- Offers better efficiency, excellent dynamics, low noise, and low minimum speed at high output torque
- Based on a concept which works on the principle of balancing internal forces by having two rotating barrel plates facing each other and each having 12 pistons
- Achieves high power density and limits axial forces, requiring only a light bearing to absorb them
- Available in displacements of 18-76 cc/rev, with an immediate target of extending the range up to 115 cc/rev
- Well suited for electric and hybrid machines due to ability to turn in both directions, as well as features such as high volumetric and mechanical efficiency, low-pressure ripple, and minimum permissible speed of 2-3 rpm
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21105853.
Electrical & Electronics
Continental HFL110 3D Flash LIDAR
Continental has developed an advanced automotive grade solid-state LIDAR, the HFL110 3D Flash LIDAR.
- Enhances Continental’s existing ADAS sensor suite or radar and 2D color sensors for automated driving
- Creates precision 3D profile of vehicle's surroundings
- Delivers detailed and accurate 3D profile in 330 nanoseconds per frame, regardless of time of day or weather conditions
- For use at close range (50 m/164.04 ft. or less)
- Immune to vibration or speed distortion
- Generates high-resolution 3D point cloud 25 times per second within its 120 degree field of view
- Multiple precise distance measurements capture 4,096 contiguous pixels of depth data in real-time across the field of view, enabling and assisting with challenging maneuvers safely
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21103773.
Mann + Hummel Smart Filter Monitoring
With its comprehensive software solution including sensors, MANN+HUMMEL offers a solution for precise monitoring of filter status.
- Provides exact status of fleet at any time and ensures filters are always changed at the right time
- Eliminates need to manually check filters
- Various sensors monitor load status of air and cabin air filters, oil, hydraulic oil and transmission oil filters as well as fuel pre-filters and main filters
- Status of engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel can be observed as well
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21104175.
Webasto CV Standard Battery System
Webasto has introduced its commercial vehicle (CV) Standard Battery System.
- Modular design which can be used on virtually any vehicle platform
- Designed for total scalability and configuration flexibility
- Each battery pack has 35 kWh of energy
- Up to 10 packs can be used for a combined 350 kWh
- Available in 400V and 800V versions
- Can be easily configured via vehicle interface box (VIB), which is the master battery management system and power distribution unit
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21102639.
Carling Technologies CLTM12-S Solid-State Load Controller
The CLTM12-S from Carling Technologies is a solid-state load controller with 12 high-side outputs, four digital inputs, three discrete inputs, two address lines, and a CAN baud rate select line.
- Provides fast, low-loss, solid-state on/off switching along with short circuit protection for each output, as well as load status and power diagnostics
- Increases thermal efficiency by providing lower power dissipation and higher power-to-weight densities
- Offers improved safety and reliability while reducing equipment downtime, overall vehicle weight, and wiring complexity
- SAE J1939 CAN
- IP69k sealing protection when connected
- Meets 100 V/m electric field immunity standards
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21134095.
ACEINNA OpenRTK330L Triple-Band RTK/GNSS Receiver
ACEINNA announces the availability of the ACEINNA OpenRTK330L, a low cost, state-of-the-art, high-performance triple-band RTK/GNSS receiver with built-in triple redundant inertial sensors.
- Designed to replace expensive and bulky precision RTK/INS systems
- Compact navigation solution
- Meets the challenging performance, reliability and cost requirements of various applications including those of construction and agriculture applications
- Includes triple-band RTK/GNSS receiver coupled with redundant inertial sensor arrays to provide centimeter-level accuracy, enhanced reliability, and superior performance during GNSS outages
- OpenRTK Precise Positioning Engine optimizes satellite tracking
- High RTK fixes rates while integrating seamlessly with ACEINNA's open-source, developer-friendly Open Navigation Platform
- Embedded Ethernet interface allows easy and direct connection to GNSS correction networks around the world
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21108945.
Concentric Glideforce GF17 Series Linear Actuators
Concentric International introduces the GF17 series high-performance linear actuators which deliver more speed at the same power load or more power at the same speed setting.
- Delivers exceptional push/pull force to highly precise and controlled applications
- Offers powerful performance in space- and weight-saving applications
- Suited for many industrial, agricultural, automotive, and off-highway applications
- Available in seven stroke lengths from 4-24 in. (101.6-609.6 mm) with speeds ranging from 0.34-1.65 in. per second (8.6-41.9 mm)
- Body is 304 stainless steel with an aluminum gearbox housing
- Input Voltage of 12V DC, 24V DC, 48V DC
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21106901.
MTA Head-Up-Display System
MTA is introducing a head-up-display (HUD) system with two different projection modes.
- Features laser projectors, a multicolor one with Microlens Array screen and an ultraviolet one with luminescent screen
- Images coming from the two projectors are focused on the windscreen, offering a wide viewing area to provide greater freedom of movement to the operator
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21102428.
Topcon OPUS B-Series Display
Topcon Positioning Group announces a pre-series release of its OPUS B-Series display available for the developer, systems integrator and manufacturer market for user-interface design and implementation research.
- Designed for rapid, customizable implementation in agricultural, industrial and construction applications
- Offers ability to quickly configure the look and functionality for faster delivery times to market
- Features 5-in. (12.7 cm) touchscreen and aluminum housing
- Customizable frame supports color and branding choices of manufacturer
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21097256.
MTA Idea Customizable Dashboard
MTA introduces its “Idea” dashboard which is customizable through MTA Studio software, a quick and user-friendly tool that allows OEMs to adapt the dashboard to specific application needs.
- Designed for specific requirements of off-highway sector
- Usable as a display
- Available in both portrait and landscape versions
- Small size, measuring 294 x 142 x 45.6 mm (11.6 x 5.6 x 1.8 in.)
- Robustly designed with IP66 protection
- Can be powered with 12 and 24V DC, suiting use in heavy-duty applications
- Displays machine parameters on 7 in. (177.8 mm) TFT, glued to the front glass using optical bonding
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21096563.
Grammer MSG95EL/742 and MSG97EL/741 Driver Seats
The Grammer MSG95EL/742 and MSG97EL/741 driver seats offer maximum seating comfort in construction machinery.
- Upgraded with the new S700 seat top featuring pneumatic side contour control in the backrest cushion, allowing the seat to be adjusted to the driver’s requirements and offering improved side support
- Active seat climate control system offers increase up to 40% in performance compared to the previous system
- Two-stage seat heating keeps drivers warm
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21121769.
NivoCab is ZF's fully-automated, hydro-pneumatic level regulation system for operator cabs.
- Counters negative effects caused by varying loads
- Provides combination of leveling function, suspension and load-dependent damping
- Compactly designed
- Replaces conventional spring carriers and is installed in the cabin suspension
- Pumps operator cab to the ideal height automatically without the aid of electronics
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21104990.
Engineering & Manufacturing
dSPACE AUTERA AutoBox
dSPACE introduces the AUTERA product family, which will provide developers and test drivers with a complete product portfolio that supports the development of functions for automated driving.
- Provides high computation power, high bandwidth, and abundant storage
- Typical areas of application are the recording of vast volumes of data during test drives, for development or homologation, as well as the replay of recorded data in the laboratory, or prototyping of sensor fusion or perception algorithms
- AUTERA Data Storage Unit provides multiple terabytes of storage space in combination with high-volume AUTERA solid-state disk and large storage bandwidth of up to 50 Gbit/s
- Can be equipped with hardware accelerators, such as GPUs and FPGAs, to handle computation-intensive tasks such as the development, validation, and optimization of AI algorithms
- Hardware accelerators can also be used during data logging of a test drive to perform intelligent data filtering and preprocessing to save time for data evaluation and implicitly increase storage capacity for data logging system
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21097314.
NI 4 GHz Vehicle Radar Test System
NI announces the release of its 4 GHz Vehicle Radar Test System (VRTS).
- Capable of simulating two objects per angle with highly repeatable radar cross section (RCS)
- RCS makes simulated obstacle appropriate for both validation and production test
- Flexibility and scalability helps users create more precise test scenarios and achieve lower test setup times
- Cost- and space-optimized for large production deployments
Learn more at oemoffhighway.com/21097581.